Sunday, May 1, 2011

Makeup Drawer and Recent Favorites.

Well this is certainly an abandoned blog, isn't it? I'm going to make a huge effort to blog more this summer. I've been asked to blog about beauty more by a few friends and tumblr followers, so I thought I'd share what I did today! I organized my REALLY messy makeup stash!


I think my desk became a  vanity at about age 14. I've always loved and had a lot of makeup. This may have a lot to do with living within walking distance of an Ulta for all of my life. It's dangerous being so close to all those pretty beauty products!

Anyhow, today's project was cleaning up, throwing out things I didn't use and trying to figure out a way to organize things that would stick. My mom got me a stacking tower of little makeup cases for college, but I didn't like the stacking part or having to keep things covered. I prefer things in a drawer. So I took those cases and un-stacked them and sorted my makeup. It works PERFECTLY.
From left to right: My eyeshadows, eyeliners/mascaras, lip/face/cheek/misc 
Hopefully this will keep me organized. Another tip: Line a makeup drawer like this one with wrapping paper. It's easy to change out if stuff spills, and adds a little flair.

On to my favorite products for April. Some are not so new, but I just wanted to feature the things I've been reaching for all month.
I went on a little The Body Shop spree. Moroccan Rose: I LOVE this perfume. Roses smell gorgeous, and this is just a little more exotic. Honey Bronze: I can't wear bronzer because I'm so pale that it makes me look dirty not tan, but this oil has a really sheer bronze shimmer that I like to put on my face and neck. It smells amazing too! Simply Ageless Serum: I'm not aging, but I kept stealing this from my mom. It feels great on, moisturizes my dry skin a ton and is a great base for makeup!
My favorite makeup products this month. Too Faced Romantic Eye Palette: This is a great day to day palette. The cards are really helpful and the colors are gorgeous! I reviewed it in January when I bought it, but since then Romantic colors have been everywhere in makeup and fashion. Covergirl Liquiline Blast Eyeliners: I went to the Caribbean this month, and wanted easy makeup. I don't normally wear black eyeliner, but I like this one a lot. Gold was perfect for hot weather, and is easy to wear with or without mascara. Nars Blush in Orgasm: This is not a new purchase either, but I use it literally every day. Addicted. The hype for this product is warranted. It's AMAZING.

Hope you had amazing Aprils! Happy May, everyone! I hope to be back to blogging this month, so look for me :)

2 comments:

  1. i also have trouble w/ bronzer, but since i have combo skin idk if a oil would be could for me... great post!!☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog, so cute! I think my desk became a vanity at the same age haha, and now I don't even own a desk.
    New follower, can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete