Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My Favorite Show- Parenthood

If you listen to any recommendations that I give you (outside of my beauty recommendations, obviously) let it be this one.
Watch Parenthood. 
Pick up the DVDs and watch the first two seasons if you're super eager, but really just get started watching season 3 because it needs viewers and it's an amazing show.
I've never cried so often, laughed so hard or related so much to a show--- and I'm not a parent. If you're a part of a family---big, small, crazy, normal, whatever--- you will get it.
This show is my family, it's your family, it's every family.

The show centers around the boisterous Braverman family, headed by Grandparents Zeke and Camille. Their four children and their children all live in the surrounding area and their lives and personalities mesh in hilarious and heartbreaking ways. For a better synopsis click here.

The writing is beautiful, real and hilarious. The cast is amazing--- if you watched Gilmore Girls you'll recognize Lauren Graham or Lorelei (the reason I got hooked on Parenthood!) Not to mention the rest of the brilliant cast including Mae Whitman, Craig T. Nelson, Erika Cristensen, Dax Shepard, Joy Bryant, Peter Krause, Sarah Ramos, Bonnie Bedelia, and many more!

I find that everyone I know who watches the show will have a character or at least a storyline that they really relate to personally. I find that I'm a mini Julia Braverman-Graham--- type-A personality, rule following and workaholic. My friends and family laugh at how much  I remind them of her!
Erika Christensen explains the Braverman family dynamic with some great Julia Braverman clips from Season 1.

The season premiere was tonight and I'm so excited that it's back! Start watching with me, it's on NBC every Tuesday at 10 pm!

Let me know if you watch, I love talking about it.

1 comment:

  1. We don't watch this but have heard great things. Maybe we need to catch up!

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete