Wednesday, January 30, 2013

On the {Must-watch} List

For my second installation of On The List, I thought I'd talk about one of my true loves...television.
I am an unashamedly big fan of TV.  I can see myself being the teacher that knows way too much about all the popular teen shows that my students watch.
Anyway, I thought I'd share some of the new shows I've been enjoying lately. Some of these are Netflix finds, and some are on tv now!







Ok, I hate that I am loving this, mostly because the concept of 25 girls trying to date one guy is just nuts to me.
So, this season is the first time I've ever watched The Bachelor, and I really just watched the first episode to see what it was like. And then I kept watching. And then I started to actually care about who got sent home.
My point is: it's addictive. If you watch, you have to tell me who you're rooting for! AshLee is my favorite right now!




Lipstick Jungle is my most recent Netflix find. If you're a fan of Sex and the City, this show is based off of the book "Lipstick Jungle" by Candace Bushnell, who wrote the book that inspired Sex and the City. So the vibe is very similar--- powerful, beautiful women living and loving in New York City.  It's a fun, sexy show with a lot of heart. I actually find these characters a little more well-rounded than some of the characters on SATC.  Definitely check it out if you enjoy that kind of show. It only has 20 episodes, but it's really entertaining. The book is also really good, I read it a few years back!


Emily Owens MD has been one of my favorite shows this year. I'm so disappointed that it's only going to finish out one season. Anyway, if you haven't been watching I'd catch up on Hulu because it's really good. It's like Grey's Anatomy (my absolute favorite show ever) but lighter and a little more awkward. Also, less doctors die, haha. Mamie Gummer (Meryl Streep's daughter!) is absolutely great as the quirky, dorky, good-hearted Emily Owens. Just check it out! 


Scandal is definitely one of the best shows on TV right now. If you're not watching, get your butt to Netflix and watch the first season, then catch up on the rest on Hulu because it is AMAZING. Created by Shonda Rhimes (the genius behind Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice) Scandal follows professional fixer Olivia Pope and her team of "Gladiators in Suits" as they handle the major scandals in DC. From a pregnant White House intern to the delicious affair between Olivia and The President, this show is wonderfully scandalous. Kerry Washington is incredible as Olivia Pope and my jaw is on the floor at the end of every episode. I am always surprised by this show, and I love it.


What's on your must-watch list? I have a pretty long list (whoops) but I wanted to share 4 shows that have surprised me this year. Share your favorite shows with me!
Also, sorry if things have been a little inconsistent on the blog lately--- I've been dealing with a lot personally.

Hope you're happy and healthy! 
-Hannah 


1 comment:

  1. I've been loving Scandal, too! I'm definitely not caught up, but it's so good. Also, great description of The Bachelor. I find it so entertaining, but I kind of hate that I love it haha.

    Kate
    katethealmostgreat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete